Sunday 4 January 2009

"We've Been To Kuala Lipis"

"and to prove it, we took a picture."

Back in the 60's, I guess world travel was still a bit of a novelty, I can image a couple inviting the neighbours round for a Cheese and Wine party, and rounding off the evening with a quick slide show of where they'd just been.

For Marv and Suzy, their trip to Kuala Lipis with the (Oregon State Comission on Mining Technology) must have impressed their neighbours. To think, none of them would even be able to find Kuala Lipis on an Atlas !

2 comments:

Kumprinx said...

cool man..
did u take a lot of pictures?
i'd love to see them

Tepid Halibut said...

Sorry Kumprinx. I have a random assortment of slides, and I don't thing there are any others that seem to match it.

I didn't take picture myself...I just acquire other people's slides to save them from being thrown out.