Sunday 12 October 2008

The Student Models


"Laydeez and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for your models for the evening. Haven't they been super ?"

I recieved a box of 200 slides a few weeks ago, and they appear to have been a couple of fashion shows, run by a college from 1987and 1988. (Hollings, now part of Manchester Metropolitan University.) I'd have expected them to be their end-of-year degree show, but I'm not entirely sure now.

The models seem perfectly at ease in the swimwear and lingerie outfits, rather than giggling students. But more importantly, as the picture above shows, there's a definite air of smugness about the models. Even the git in the glasses appears supercillious. For some unknown reason, I really want to punch him in the face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Please !

Anonymous said...

Wow ! I think I may be in some of the photos. (Not in this one tho'). Good memories