Saturday 21 June 2008

The Blog Begins


First post, so I'd better explain.  I Buy Slides.  35 mm slides from years ago.   Why ?  Well, someone has to. When Great Uncle Fred shuffles off his mortal coil, and the kids descend on the house to clear it and sell it, no-one wants a collection of random, old, unwanted slides, so they're chucked. Or sometimes sold.

I want them.  Correction, I want some of them. Some of the slides are so evocative of the era, especially if I have no clue of the story behind them, or the subjects.  So, me and some buds will meet every so often, crack open a few bottles of wine, and spend the night sneering at these ghosts from the past.

For example, the slide above. Who are they ?  Are they middle-aged swingers, or are they off to a prayer meeting?   Which gal is the guy married to?   Am I the only one who suspects that Doris (on the far left) is completely naked under that trench-coat?   Feel free to speculate...

No comments: